Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just For (Halloween) Fun


The Halloween Countdown, Day 29


(spotted on Boing Boing)


(also from Boing Boing)

(Dieselsweeties.com spotted on io9)

In case you had any doubts...


Quote from Warren Ellis: "On Halloween, I make people pay me not to dress as Sean Connery from ZARDOZ and sit around on their furniture with my legs open.




A bit of youthful indiscretion here--my friend Sam and I were both inveterate horror film devotees, so when Sam got a Super-8 movie camera one Christmas no one was surprised when we and our friends went to work making horror films. I play a dual role as the gravedigger and the guy in the corpse make-up. Sam, thanks for (painfully) transferring this (and several others) to YouTube!

2 comments:

JSaM said...

Gee, I do seem to have a vague memory of this. Even vaguer, I remember somebody (Walley or Rob T.) taking pictures during the second shoot ('76), so I guess that bit o' history is lost forever. But wouldn't it be nice to see them!

G. W. Ferguson said...

OMG, YES! And am I correct in thinking that Rob T. provided the sunlamp for the indoor shots in your parent's den?

There are lots of events in my teens and twenties that just plain sucked, but working on your films were highlights that made life worth living, in case you didn't know.