Sunday, July 6, 2008

Anybody Remember Tank Girl?


And no, not the wretched movie version with Lori Petty, the real Tank Girl, that foul-mouthed, punked-out, hard-drinking, gun-toting, tank-driving, nose-picking, establishment-bucking, kangaroo-boinking, kicking, screaming, biting, farting, totally empowered specimen of feminine outrageousness.

Yeah, well, she's back.

In one of those purely serendipitous moments I relish so much and so rarely experience I happened to be wandering through my local Barnes & Noble looking for a copy of...well...a book* and as I turned down the science fiction aisle what should I see but this:

Tank Girl--Armadillo! and a Bushel of Other Stories

And now it is mine!

I don't know yet if it's worth the ten bucks, but hey! It's Tank Girl! And where Tank Girl goes anarchy and ass-kicking are sure to follow and those are good things!



* Okay, dammit, I was looking for a copy of the recently released Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook: Roleplaying Game Core Rules, 4th Edition. There. I said it. Yes, I play D&D on occasion. Shut up. It's not a big deal. Leave me alone.

3 comments:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

You need to find a copy of MACHINE GIRL, baby.

G. W. Ferguson said...

Yes, yes I do. After seeing the YouTube trailer I definitely need a copy of Machine Girl. Iron Man? Screw that! MACHINR GIRL!

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Hey, once I get my copy transferred to DVD, will you trade me MACHINE GIRL for a VHS tape of SPANKENSTEIN?