Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Super-Abnormal Phenomena Survival Kit

Ah, I take solace in seeing the Intarwebs slowly but surely archiving all my adolescent and twenty-something obsessions.

Years ago when I lived in Boston I happened to have an apartment in the same building as Newbury Comics (back when they sold mostly comic books). Much of my disposable income went into checking out all the massively cool things going on in (warning: pretentiousness alert!) sequential art at the time, especially in such old standbys as Creepy and Eerie. One story still capable of making pull a Diet Pepsi spew is "The Super Abnormal Phenomena Survival Kit" by Jim Stenstrum (story) & John Severin (art).

Creepy #79 May 1976 (1st appearance)

Eerie #106 November 1979 (basically an anthology of Stenstrum stories.

Pardon the scan quality; I, uh, appropriated them (yes, that's the word! Not "stole," but "appropriated." Much classier. Hey, all the cool kids are doing it!) Enjoy!








2 comments:

G. W. Ferguson said...

Oh, geez; credit where credit is due:

Cosas de Un Parado Amancebado

JSaM said...

This is from the early to mid '70's I think, about the time I was in college and lost interest in Creepy. Frank Frazetta, Gray Morrow and Steve Ditko were long gone, but the SPSK was a classic!