Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy (Anti-) Valentine's Day!

Not that I'm cynical or anything; however, meish.org sums up my feelings precisely:

"Valentine's Day is like herpes: just when you think its gone for good, it rears its ugly head once more. No wonder some people prefer to call it VD."

And they have a lovely selection of Anti-Valentines to help the rest of us express ourselves.

Example 1, which in my case is horrifically accurate:



Example 2, with a double meaning (some might call it truth in advertising):



And Example 3, which I need to have emblazoned across the front of a sweatshirt:


The good news? Half-price candy everywhere after midnight tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Half-price candy everywhere after midnight tonight!

woo!

JSaM said...

Yeah, I think VD was instigated by the Hallmark and Hershey conglomerates. I spent the day pretty much alone (you know, tax season) and puttered on the compooter and around the house. So I guess I blew another day. But there's always Monday! God bless Uncle Sugar.
If I sent you a box of chocolate next year, would it sweeten your view of Cupid? Then again chocolates sent by friends . . . well, you know. Actually instead of Cupid I think we should use the Greek "Eros". Now wouldn't that give some second thoughts to those that love the little (actually obese )winged sweetie pie?