Friday, October 3, 2008

Smells Like Goth Spirit!

Halloween Countdown Day 3
Being mostly a motley collection of vaguely Halloween-ish links with a Gothic edge I need to purge from my Google Notebook:

What Halloween Party would be complete without a Skeleton Disco Ball? It's exactly what you think it is--a motorized, revolving 8-inch skull covered with little mirrors. Though smallish, is still perfect for an apartment-based Zombie Prom Night theme!

From the original post on Boing Boing:

"If only we'd had one of these skull-shaped disco balls in the Malden High gymnasium during prom night. A magical night, in which I convinced the DJ to play 'Bloodletting' during the last dance of the night, which I spent futilely trying to slip my hand under the blood red corset of my consumptive-looking goth date. Sigh. Our love making? It would have smelled of cloves."

Poor guy. He might have had better luck if he'd first arranged an intimate, elegant Halloween dinner and used these skeletal serving forks (again from Boing Boing).

Or, had his finances been tight, a simple Gothic cook-out with the Cthulhu Roaster. Add a couple of My Little Cthulhu ponies (see the comments on MetaFilter) and various items from the Gothic Garden as a centerpiece and, yeah, the clove smoke would have filled the room. And should there be a little, uh, accident, there's always the Gothic Cradle!


*sigh* I have got to start dating.

2 comments:

Wayne Allen Sallee said...

Sorry I haven't been around for you, GW. Bad week, bad month, even though its my favorite month.

G. W. Ferguson said...

Actually, I should be saying how sorry I am for you; sounds like you've had The Month From Hell, what with Comcast woes and hurricane aftermaths and so forth and so on. Sounds to me like you need to sit back, relax, grab a handful of Scarlett Johansson, a big ol' bottle of Crystal Head Vodka, and a few Vicodin.

That ought to reboot your brain!