Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Just Don't Know WHAT to Think Anymore

So I'm minding my own business, cruisin' around the Intarweb, clicking links on io9 ("Strung out on science fiction"--brainchild of Geek Queen Annalee Newitz, praise be to her Almighty Name) when I come across this: A Serious, "Very Scary Remake of Plan 9 From Outer Space.

WTF?

There are all sorts of things I could say but the various commenters have beaten me to the punch.

Oh, yeah, and the release date? 09/09/09.

Doesn't this coincide with the arrival of Zombie Jeebus?

2 comments:

Cathy VanPatten said...

This is so wrong... But this John Johnson guy, his name and game seem somehow familiar. I wonder if he's the same guy my brother has made some truly horrid "movies" with?

If he's got the blessing of Conrad Brooks, odds are that he's really not the big-time Hollywood director he might believe himself to be! It could well be that the remake rivals the original for badness, if not for watchability and sheer heart!

"I'm a big boy, Johnny!"

G. W. Ferguson said...

If I ever get a scanner I'll post a great pic I took at a convention in '93 of Sam Moyer and Conrad Brooks doing a "Watch the skies!" pose. It's too precious for words!

Ya know, I saw Plan 9 as a kid on "The Early Show" and it absolutely terrified me. Not because of any intrinsic cinematic skill, obviously, but because I had no concept of Bad Cinema or what constituted bad acting, bad directing, bad dialog, etc. At that age (10?) the wretched thing just seemed nightmarish and beyond comprehension, which was scary in and of itself.