Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Necronomiconophilia

Veterans' Day and, paradoxically (I work for the VA), it's a holiday for me, which means lots o' time to cruise the Intarwebs for weird and unusual stuff, to wit:


A Cthulhu sculpture made from Miskatonic Valley Fine Arts!

"Miskatonic Valley Fine Art features sculptures by Joe Broers based on the 'Cthulhu Mythos' creations of H.P. Lovecraft and the 'Lovecraft Circle' of writers. Each sculpture is cast in resin, finished, and comes with fictitious 'documentation' that helps provide a feeling of verisimilitude to the project."

Such as...

If I had the money I'd send one to, well, a loooong list of people I know.

By the way, some years ago Stephen Hickman released a Cthulhu statuette that I SO wanted, but was, and still is, WAY out of my price range ($700 for the resin; $1200 for the bronze... if you can find one):


You reading, Cath? Forget Ganesha; you need Cthulhu! HE'LL remove obstacles for ya!

(spotted on Boing Boing)

2 comments:

Cathy VanPatten said...

LOL! But he might remove everything else as well!

G. W. Ferguson said...

Oh, well... details, details!