Thursday, August 2, 2007

Books To Lust For

I mentioned earlier that I'm nowhere near as excited about the most recent Harry Potter release as the rest of the reading public, but I certainly got a hoot out of these Dork Tower feeds!

What I am pumped about is (1) Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis. Check out the Bookslut review:

"Really, though, everything is weird to Warren Ellis, who makes a visit to a Texas steakhouse seem as grotesque as Godzilla bukkake."

Greatest. Review Line. EVER!

And then there's (2) Spook Country by William Gibson, due to be released August 7th. Boing Boing already has nice things to say, not the least of which is "the cast of characters in this book is gigantic and deeply weird."

See a pattern emerging?

Yeah, there's a trip to my local Barnes & Noble in my very near future.

P. S. Dual Bookslut review here.

No comments: